Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jailynn's 8th Birthday

Today 2/03/2010 is Jailynn's 8th birthday! The pics are from the summer when we had a special welcome home party for Jailynn and I never got to post them so I will post pics of Jailynn's party soon. I just really wanted to blog this on time :)
I am so happy to celebrate her 8th birthday with her. We sent her a birthday cake in the orphanage but did not get to celebrate with her on her 7th birthday. This is a very special day for her and she is very excited about Her Birthday!
So today I am bringing special cupcakes and party favors to her class and I am going to take pictures of her class party. Then, tonight we will have cake and Icecream for her at home with her birthday presents. Then, Saturday, we are having a party at Nana's with a cookout and playing at the park and more presents. Finally, next weekend...we will drive to Houston Tx to celebrate with my sister and her family. Why so many celebrations for this little girl? Because she has only celebrated her birthday once, in an orphanage with a cake. We sent her a care package with presents, but she did not get to keep any of it because it became orphanage property. So, clearly, such a special and beautiful little girl deserves to have these special parties. I am keenly aware in the back of my mind what my spicy Hunan princess missed out on in her life. She did not have a mother to hold her and feed her a bottle, kiss her hurts away, and rock her to sleep. She was a small baby that learned to survive and comfort herself until she was old enough to use her cute self to charm her caregivers. I do believe that they took good care of her as best as they could, but it is still a lonely place for a baby to grow. As I think back on the times I missed with her it makes my soul sad. But God sent a little Angel to be Jailynn's comfort...her big sister Jordyn. The bond they have is evident every day. Being the spicey girl that she is, Jailynn is a surviver, a comedian, and a charmer. She is s character and she brightens up our life and our family!
Happy Birthday Dear Jailynn!

No comments:

Jailynn's 1st Thanksgiving

My GuestBook

Hi! I am glad you are visiting my blog! Please sign my guestbook or leave me a comment. It will mean so much to me, Jordyn and Jailynn!

The rest of our family

In case anyone was curious: Here are som pictures of my oldest son, Joey and his family. Joey and Kym have three children: my beloved grandbabies: Hayden 4yrs old, Noah 22 months old, and Phoenix 9 months old. We have been helping Joey and Kym get on their feet and they have been living with us since December. They are now able to get their own place and will move out in April. I will miss them and miss the babies. I will just have to babysit!

God Is Awesome!

myspace

myspace

I am Praising God tonight because He has Heard my cries and answered my prayers. We have recieved a generation donation from a wonderful family toward our fund raising efforts. We have also recieved generous donations from wonderful people through this website and through Jailynn's Prayer. So far, the total fundraising has reached a total of $4000!!!!!!!! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you to everyone for helping us to bring Jailynn home! We are hoping to travel sometime this month and still need to raise money. I know that God is providing for our family through the unselfish and generous giving from special and wonderful people like you!

We have our LOA!!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Happy Holidays!

Happy Halloween (a little late)

Our Fun At the Texas State Fair

Amanda's Party!

Jordyn and Amanda's Birthday Party