Thursday, November 24, 2011

Small Step, Faithful God!

Yesterday morning I took a small step forward or giant leap, however you may want to view it, and booked our airline tickets. I have been watching the internet prices closely over the last two weeks because I knew that the airfare would increase due to the holidays. We are only working with a certain budget and I was praying for the airfare to stay within that budget. I mean praying, pleading, begging God to cause the airfare to go down in price....WAY down in price. God is so Faithful and He really does answer prayers and perform miracles today even for me! I asked our travel agency to try booking the flights one day early to see if that would get us a better deal and guess what?? The tickets were the exact amount that I had asked God for!! The exact amount! That may seem like nothing to some people but it was a HUGE answer to prayer for me! Our tickets are $1000 per person round trip and our daughter's one way ticket is under that amount!! HUGE!
I also believe that God sometimes likes to show off just a little bit and He really did that for me. I was scared and discouraged and not sure how this is going to come together and happen. But that is not all that God did. Right after I got off the phone with the travel agency I recieved a call from my dad telling me that he had a check to give us to help with our adoption. My sweet Dad has a lawn care business and one of his customers will pay him for the whole year and usually pays him in the summer. This year that customer decided to pay him this month instead and my Dad is donating that money  of $1400 to help Jaidyn, his granddaughter come home. I know it is taboo to talk about money and I know that I mention it more than most people, but to me, that is the hardest part to all of this and the scariest part. Today, God showed me that all I need to do is get out of the boat and keep my eyes focused on Him, not the waves crashing all around me, and He will be Faithful to provide and bring our daughter home!!!! God's heart is for the orphan and when we step out of the boat of safety and security, He will show up and show off!! Thank you God!!!

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

God is so faithful.

I love your father's heart.

And I love OUR Father's heart...He is in the midst of this adoption and all the finances too.

How much should I be praying to come to you? (post it on prayer request sunday's post for me).

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Praying!!

Sheri_n_Ben said...

Congratulations on your tickets and your upcoming travel!! What an amazing Christmas this will be.

So excited for you and your sweet family.

Hugs,
Sheri

Jailynn's 1st Thanksgiving

My GuestBook

Hi! I am glad you are visiting my blog! Please sign my guestbook or leave me a comment. It will mean so much to me, Jordyn and Jailynn!

The rest of our family

In case anyone was curious: Here are som pictures of my oldest son, Joey and his family. Joey and Kym have three children: my beloved grandbabies: Hayden 4yrs old, Noah 22 months old, and Phoenix 9 months old. We have been helping Joey and Kym get on their feet and they have been living with us since December. They are now able to get their own place and will move out in April. I will miss them and miss the babies. I will just have to babysit!

God Is Awesome!

myspace

myspace

I am Praising God tonight because He has Heard my cries and answered my prayers. We have recieved a generation donation from a wonderful family toward our fund raising efforts. We have also recieved generous donations from wonderful people through this website and through Jailynn's Prayer. So far, the total fundraising has reached a total of $4000!!!!!!!! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you to everyone for helping us to bring Jailynn home! We are hoping to travel sometime this month and still need to raise money. I know that God is providing for our family through the unselfish and generous giving from special and wonderful people like you!

We have our LOA!!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Happy Holidays!

Happy Halloween (a little late)

Our Fun At the Texas State Fair

Amanda's Party!

Jordyn and Amanda's Birthday Party