Saturday, September 20, 2008

We just got back from Austin and Houston. I am trying to get my Dossier all together. It is amazing how i forget the little things like...make copies and send with it, include the money orders needed, and oh...don't leave the original homestudy in the copy machine!!! Yes! I managed to do all those things. I made it to the UPS store and then had to leave to buy my money orders...I made copies but did not include them... and finally, I just had the gut feeling I should double check it and realized the homestudy was not in it! I panicked because I could not figure out what I could have possibly done with the most important document and then looked overat teh copy machine and noticed there was something left in it. My homestudy!!! I honestly do not know how to explain that type of craziness except that it feels like the hormones from pregnancy. When I was 9 months pregnant I had the pregnant brain fog and forgot to deposit my paycheck and locked my keys in my car too many times to count on the same day (no kidding).

Although I am happy that we got our Docs Certified at the SOS office, the bad news is that the Chinese Consulate was affected by Huricaine Ike and there is not any power available yet. So now we are waiting for the power to get back on. Hopefully, Monady the paower will be on. The storm was so destructive and devastating. We drove to Houston and saw so much devastation. The good news is that my sister's house is intact without any damage. That is a miracle because she lives righ on the Bay in SeaBrook. We took some pictures of what we saw first hand. I just hope and pray that Galvaston and Kema will be rebuilt quickly.

I am sending Jailynn a cake and note that we are working hard to come get her. I am very anxious to bring her home.

No comments:

Jailynn's 1st Thanksgiving

My GuestBook

Hi! I am glad you are visiting my blog! Please sign my guestbook or leave me a comment. It will mean so much to me, Jordyn and Jailynn!

The rest of our family

In case anyone was curious: Here are som pictures of my oldest son, Joey and his family. Joey and Kym have three children: my beloved grandbabies: Hayden 4yrs old, Noah 22 months old, and Phoenix 9 months old. We have been helping Joey and Kym get on their feet and they have been living with us since December. They are now able to get their own place and will move out in April. I will miss them and miss the babies. I will just have to babysit!

God Is Awesome!

myspace

myspace

I am Praising God tonight because He has Heard my cries and answered my prayers. We have recieved a generation donation from a wonderful family toward our fund raising efforts. We have also recieved generous donations from wonderful people through this website and through Jailynn's Prayer. So far, the total fundraising has reached a total of $4000!!!!!!!! Thank you! Thank You! Thank you to everyone for helping us to bring Jailynn home! We are hoping to travel sometime this month and still need to raise money. I know that God is providing for our family through the unselfish and generous giving from special and wonderful people like you!

We have our LOA!!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Happy Holidays!

Happy Halloween (a little late)

Our Fun At the Texas State Fair

Amanda's Party!

Jordyn and Amanda's Birthday Party